iMAC DV 400 Upgrades

C

CU_AMiGA

Hello,

Just purchased an iMac after my Amiga broken down. I decided to go the Apple route as i don't take Windows PC seriously. Anyway, i think the version i got is an iMac DV 400 (orange). I was wondering what upgrades are possiblew in terms of CPU and Graphic cards (if any).

Regards,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 2ghz Dual Processor, 12" Scrolling TrackPad Powerbook
Does anyone know how to change the internal lithium battery, or even if can be changed?

OP
C

CU_AMiGA

Cheers. I will get that G4 upgrade. The iMac i own is a 400 DV Tangerine. It is pretty good and runs the stuff i want, but i will get this upgrade. So there are no ways at all of upgrading the graphics at all?

Regards,

Edit:

Just looked at the upgrade possibilities:

iForce SL G3/900
iTechDV G4/500

I am a gaming/emulation user mainly and have MacOS X installed. So which one of the above is recommended?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 2ghz Dual Processor, 12" Scrolling TrackPad Powerbook
Badger said:
To change the battery you can follow the same take-apart procedure as changing the hard disk. Once you have the shielding off you have access to the battery. This link has an illustrated step-by-step guide: http://www.appletalk.com.au/forums/index.php?showtopic=436.
Badger

Cheers Badger!

I donated it to my sister when I got my G5, but all the settings keep resetting! I've been looking for that link for a while, not sure if I just imagined it. That's why I asked. Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.