Why are my albums not joined together in iTunes?

Reaction score
Does anyone know why iTunes will disjoint albums like this and how to get them to group together? I tried to highlight them all > get info and made sure the artist and album titles matched but it didn't help.

Picture1-1.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Yeah I found that sometimes too. Do what you did, again, but put more checkmarks on things in the info window. Eventually it'll work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Try checking "part of compilation" or something like that in the get info... I'd start there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
When something like this happened to me I made sure the "album artist" info was filled in with the same artist and it fixed it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
I've noticed that sometimes the ID tags contain different information that splits the album (example - different composer, different year). Select all songs and clear all the tags that are not relevant to you and change the ones you want even if they are already what they are supposed to be. The information/tags iTunes gets from the web is sometimes incorrect or contains some extra notes that may give you problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2GB RAM, 2.2Ghz, 160GB HD. 160GB Ipod Classic. 16GB iphone 3GS. Red 2G Shuffle.
^^^ what he said - just select all, get info, and batch edit files, particularly useful for inserting your own artwork as it lets you drag and drop the pic directly from safari using a google image search.

OP
eon.
Reaction score
ok somethins fishy or im just not doing this right...

I did get info and did what you guys said but it didnt work. so i changed artist to 'test' and album to 'test2', but look what happened:

Picture2.jpg

notice the artist under the album art is now various artist for the first two but the third is still the actual artist name, yet NONE of them say test like I changed it to. i think that has something to do with it

oh and yes these are mp3s not some other strange format :p

OP
eon.
Reaction score
^^ oh and after that I tried to change each of those three groups individually but that didn't work either :/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
I would suggest to check the info in each song individually, if you can't find the issue the just delete and re-import the files with iTunes, after that i'm out of ideas.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.