iphoto has anyone ordered there books do they come out nice

Reaction score
i just created a book and was thinking about ordering one. Is the quality good? How bout the price?

or should i use another company online ?

OP
S
Reaction score
i found pricing

but if anyone still knows what the quality is like i would like to hear about it

and 29.99 for 10 pages 50 pages max makes it a 89.99 book

that seems like alot considering allthe other places that offer deals and such

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
I did one to try it out. The quality is very good if you pictures are of good quality. It is nicely bound and almost looks like a book you would buy at a book store. I could take some pictures of it if you like...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
I brought a 20 page softback book. Quality was fantastic and recipient (mother-in-law) was overwhelmed by it once I managed to convince her that I had actually taken the photographs and it hadn't just been bought off the shelf.

Initial impression was that it was rather thin - but then how often do you see a 20 page book.

Another book order going in this weekend for a similar book to give as a present and I'm collating my best shots to make a large format hardback 50 pager to have as 'coffee table' book to impress visitors and to pass on to my grandchildren.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram
I did the calander and it came out great, I have used photoworks for books before, and they were awsome. I want to try teh apple ones to compare. I will be doing so shortly, so when I get one I will post a comparison.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
I've done two so far, and a third is in progress. The first was a hard cover for our family. The second a medium soft cover and was a gift for my sister-in-law. She loved it. The third will be a hard cover for our family.

The books are high quality and are a good value for the money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB
Very good quality, providing your pics are good quality

The pricing is pretty steep though!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Our resident moderator MacHeadCase ordered a book over the holidays and shared her experience. If you do a search you can read about how much she enjoyed it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
My wife made a 50 page book for her father's 75th Birthday party with pictures of his parents and even grandparents, and lots of pictures of him growing up and his children growing up, and his grandchildren beginning to grow up... It was amazing...

My wife gave it to him at a surprise dinner in Fort Worth, TX.. He thumbed through it with tears welling up in his eyes for a good hour... He never let that book out of his sight, it really meant a lot to him.

I highly recommend the iPhoto books... They are quick to ship as well.

Reaction score
As a rookie, I might have a few redundant questions.

- Is it US only?
- Can you easily order it through the comp?
- How is the templates saved, and can you edit them (in regards of layout)

Looking to buy my first mac in a few weeks, so I'm clueless.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
My wife made a 50 page book for her father's 75th Birthday party with pictures of his parents and even grandparents, and lots of pictures of him growing up and his children growing up, and his grandchildren beginning to grow up... It was amazing...

My wife gave it to him at a surprise dinner in Fort Worth, TX.. He thumbed through it with tears welling up in his eyes for a good hour... He never let that book out of his sight, it really meant a lot to him.

I highly recommend the iPhoto books... They are quick to ship as well.

Great story! :) You should send a letter to Steve about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
As a rookie, I might have a few redundant questions.

- Is it US only?
- Can you easily order it through the comp?
- How is the templates saved, and can you edit them (in regards of layout)

Looking to buy my first mac in a few weeks, so I'm clueless.
It's not US only, but I don't know if they're available from Sweden.

Ordering is easy. You push a button that says (in English) "Buy Book". It uploads everything for you.

Here's a thread I created on making my first book:
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78240&highlight=book

You have some limited control over the layout. A pro probably wouldn't like it, but you can do a lot with it. Books are made via iPhoto. You have maybe a dozen basic book templates. Within each template, you also have templates for the covers and the inside pages. Again, they're rather limited, but they're also going to help you make a very nice book without a lot of effort.

Reaction score
It's not US only, but I don't know if they're available from Sweden.

Ordering is easy. You push a button that says (in English) "Buy Book". It uploads everything for you.

Here's a thread I created on making my first book:
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78240&highlight=book

You have some limited control over the layout. A pro probably wouldn't like it, but you can do a lot with it. Books are made via iPhoto. You have maybe a dozen basic book templates. Within each template, you also have templates for the covers and the inside pages. Again, they're rather limited, but they're also going to help you make a very nice book without a lot of effort.

I keep on getting surprised at how easy and streamlined Mac seems to be compared to Win. Looking forward to switching.

After navigating the horrendously slow Swedish Apple-site, I finally found what I was looking for. It's available in Sweden as well, which made me very satisfied.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.