Really strange problem with Boot Camp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook
Hey everyone, I've successfully installed Windows XP on my macbook, and everything is going great except for one thing. When I turn on the computer, it automatically goes to Windows, UNLESS if I hold down Option to select which OS to use. Now that sounds pretty normal, but when I hold down Option, it only shows me the Mac HD; It doesn't recognize the Windows partition on startup. Whats even more strange is that I can see the Windows HD when I go into System Preferences > Startup Disk.

I can deal with it being this way, but I'd like to be able to boot in the Mac HD by default, and have the windows option available as a secondary OS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Try going into Windows Control panel and select your Mac HD as startup disk...

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook
I'll give it a shot, but will that make the startup screen show the windows drive?

Edit: I tried it, but I still can't pick the windows drive by holding the Option key when its starting the computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 1.83GHz 120GB Leopard and XP
Try BootPicker and see if that recognises the Windows drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.