Wired-Only networks

Reaction score
I am in a business environment that has never had Macs. They are security-paranoid and will never allow a wireless network between 2 Macs/internet/printer I am hoping to get.

Is there a reliable article I can read about setting up a wired-only network as securely as possible? Also need router recommendations.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
What's wrong with the existing wired network,...?

Is the IT guy afraid that the Mac-ness Monster will spread and turn all the PC's into brushed metal statues?

If the existing infrastructure is secure, adding a Mac will not weaken it.

OP
P
Reaction score
You have no idea. :\

The Mac studio must be STANDALONE and not touch any of the PCs at ANY TIME or have ANYTHING to do with the existing network.

Apparently Macs are not only unstable and unsecure, they're probably some kind of conspiracy to get rid of IT techs altogether.

So... that's my problem. I have to have my own network, and of course, wireless will be intercepted by the Men In Black and there's goes all our trade secrets.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Sorry to hear,...

A forum post is most likely going to do little to sway them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.