Be cool like Jobs with your own MBA Manila Sleeve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
You knew it was going to be made, but not this fast! A company just announced a manila envelope sleeve that should arrive about the same time as your pre-ordered MBA. Would anyone really use this?

http://www.manilamac.com/

I was thinking why exactly they chose to use a manila envelope so much in their advertising. Then I thought maybe someone at Apple thought it was an ingenious way to tote around a prototype in non-secure areas without rousing suspicion and an ad guy (or Steve himself) thought it was a great marketing idea.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Alm 2.4Ghz iMac 750Gb HD 4Gb Ram
Or you could go to Staples and buy 100 of them for $29

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Would anyone really use this?

http://www.manilamac.com/
Of course. There are plenty of rabid, Steve Jobs worshiping, Apple fanboys that would scramble to get something like that.
They would immediately proclaim how "cool" it is and proceed to reenact the Steve Jobs Keynote speech word for word in front of the mirror in their bedroom on a daily basis.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
Im sure the ones they are making and selling will differ from the ones you can pick up from a local stationary store, they may have padding in them for protection or something.

I think its quite a good marketing idea and it would be quite cool to have one of these cases if you had a macbook air but im sure it would be much better to have a proper case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
from the website

"What is this made of?

The AirMail laptop sleeve is handmade out of durable upholstery-grade vinyl, and lined with fuzzy, soft fleece. All AirMail sleeves have the same dimensions as standard interoffice manila envelopes, which will serve to remind you -- and everyone around you -- that your new MacBook Air really is the thinnest laptop in the world!"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Im sure the ones they are making and selling will differ from the ones you can pick up from a local stationary store, they may have padding in them for protection or something.

I think its quite a good marketing idea and it would be quite cool to have one of these cases if you had a macbook air but im sure it would be much better to have a proper case.

News flash.... that website is a gag. There is no product for sale.

EDIT: I take that back... i thought the PayPal link was a dud but yeah, it actually does load up PayPal. Now to order me some fleece-lined manilla folders. Whooo eeee!

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Of course. There are plenty of rabid, Steve Jobs worshiping, Apple fanboys that would scramble to get something like that.
They would immediately proclaim how "cool" it is and proceed to reenact the Steve Jobs Keynote speech word for word in front of the mirror in their bedroom on a daily basis.

Yeah, complete with the entire Jobs outfit. That would be truly sad.

Watching a Jobs interview last year, I realized I have the exact same pair of New Balance sneakers as Jobs. I was afraid someone would notice and I would be branded a very pathetic fanboy. I almost went and bought a different pair, but I realized people probably don't look that closely as shoes anyway. Nobody has noticed, thankfully.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Watching a Jobs interview last year, I realized I have the exact same pair of New Balance sneakers as Jobs. I was afraid someone would notice and I would be branded a very pathetic fanboy.
Not unless you regularly wear acid-wash jeans and black mock-turtlenecks. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB
Whats the point in having an envelope for it? NO POINT

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
^^ read the thread title

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.