installation loop....

Reaction score
so i have windows xp professional SP2 and i've tried setting up 3 times

it loads it all fine, I choose partition 3 <bootcamp> and it installs then tells me it needs to reset then it will continue installation, however when it loads up again it just goes around in a circle...

whats going on?

edit: its now just told me that the files exist

caution: a \windows folder already exists that way contain a windows installation. if you continue, the existing windows installation will be over written

and tells me everything that will be deleted

then gives me three options

to use the folder and delete the existing windows installation press L

to use a different folder press esc

to quit setup press f3

but when isay quit it says wwindows isnt installed.. shall i reset without the disc or what?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I would just start over, or use the option L to use the folder and delete the existing Windows installation.

BTW... do you happen to have 2 or more drives setup as a RAID stripe?

OP
I
Reaction score
i tried that but it told me installing multiple installations into one partition is not good, so i just went to quit.. grr

when it resets, does it usually continue to install using the cd? or do i press alt and open the windows HD or what? o_O i think im doing it wrong.

OP
I
Reaction score
also i dont know what RAID stripe is??

umm big problem..

something weird has happened when i tried to install again

when i press alt, only windows comes up and when i click on windows it says disk error, and i just tried to install mac os x again

i get to welcome to mac leopard installer i click continue then agree, then it says

select a desintation w

only HD is BOOTCAMP

ugh! and wont let me install... need to get it repaired i guess?

:( :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.