need ringtone thing and file browser

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4ghz C2D 4gb RAM,320gb WD Black 7.2k RPM. + iPhone 8Gb
hi guys

iphone noob i guess as i only got it yesterday

but have got it running a jail broken 1.1.2 and using an o2 sim (no iphone sim) any way i need a app for my mac that will let me browse the files on my iphone so i can add roms to the nes emulator.

also looking for something to let me add custom ringtones.

so what are you guys using and what works well.

thanks
Proxy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
If you have DRM-free mp3's, then custom ringtones is easy. Open Garageband and select a 40 second snip of the song. Then go to the "share" menu and select "send ringtone to itunes" If it's not exactly the right length, it'll adjust it for you.

This is the best way to go because it's a legit way from Apple, so the ringtones won't be lost with updates that break hacks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
but have got it running a jail broken 1.1.2 and using an o2 sim (no iphone sim) any way i need a app for my mac that will let me browse the files on my iphone so i can add roms to the nes emulator.

You'll need to set up an SSH server on your iPhone and connect using an SSH client from your Mac. On your Mac, you can use CyberDuck or Fugu as free alternatives, or Transmit, which is one of the better shareware clients.

Now... how to set up an SSH server on your iPhone. THAT takes time and patience. You need to install OpenSSH and the BSD Subsystem from the AppTapp installer. I'll assume you have Installer since you have already jailbroken the phone. Follow the tutorial below for setting this all up. It's a bit tedious, and quite frankly a bit confusing at first.
http://blog.psmxy.org/pkg-info/openssh/

also looking for something to let me add custom ringtones.

The GarageBand method is supposed to work well as fleurya suggested, but if you don't have the iLife suite, then you have to drop $79 to get the version of GB that supports this.

You can instead use iToner. It's still not free ($15), but free to try. Downside to this app is that it gets broken with every iPhone update and they have to develop a new workaround to get it working each time.
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/33088

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.