Copying files to burning file for DVD

Reaction score
Hi all,

I don't know if any of you have encountered this problem -- I was trying to burn a DVD on my mac (leopard 10.5), and I just used the normal way to burn a DVD -- I pop a blank DVD in, select the file that I want to copy, copy it, and then paste it into the burning file. The file inside the burning file shows that it is only an archival file. I had delected it and tried it many times again with different files, and it still shows that it is an archival. (having the little arrow on it). I did not just drag the file to the finder, and do all the copy and paste, but it is still an archival. I have never encountered this problem before I upgrade to leopard. Anyone knows what's going on?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Sounds like you are creating alias' of the files. If I want to burn files, have always dragged to desktop, opened Toast and dropped the files on there and away they go.

Restore the file after burning completed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.