iMac 24" 2.8 GHz Aluminum Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MPB 2.6 Intel Duo Core 4 GB RAM; 200 GB HD / iMac 24" 2.8 GHz; 4 GB RAM; 500 GB HD
I have the iMac 24" 2.8 GHz Aluminum which I got 2 weeks ago. It's gorgeous and all, and something I just noticed.

When I view a webpage, sometimes the letters are bunched up and I try to make the text bigger or smaller, but it seems consistent. Is this a common issue with this version or am I going out of my mind?

If I view say instance www.cnn.com, the text becomes jumbled up like its squished or something and I make the text bigger it's fine, but I seem to have to do this to most websites that I visit.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Does the CNN site not look ok if you change the font size using apple shift + or apple shift -

I've just tried it and it looks fine whatever text size I choose.

Are you using Safari?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24-inch iMac, MacBook Pro
Maybe show us a screenshot?

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MPB 2.6 Intel Duo Core 4 GB RAM; 200 GB HD / iMac 24" 2.8 GHz; 4 GB RAM; 500 GB HD
I tried to use the Apple Key + and - and it's fine, but when I goto another website, it's still the same thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
It happens sometimes. Try resetting Safari, trying a different browser like Firefox, or restarting your mac.

To reset Safari, in the menubar, Safari > Reset Safari.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.