After a month with the MBP, I'm not so impressed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2gb Memory, 80gb HDD, Leopard / Pink iPod Nano
its not just the MBP that has the problem because i have a macbook base model and i have the typing problem all the time. i never really cared too much about it, but it would be nice to get it fixed. when i start talking to someone in adium i usually have to go back and retype the first letter again because it got left off.

i have not tried any of the troubleshooting ideas for the keyboard yet since i am not at home. where can i find the troubleshooting suggestions since that thread got deleted on the apple forum?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.8Ghz 4GB LEOPARD
1. Correct me if Im wrong but the N standard is anything but a standard isnt it? Therefore, do you think this actually could be a problem because there is no common N standard yet?

Also, have you tested your laptop with other wireless routers? Or tested other laptops with your router?

2. Easily fixed, do a software update and the problem goes away.

3. My wife has had her MBP since Christmas day and I can tell you now there is absolutely no warping in the chasis, even though it gets well used. Having said that, I can honestly say Ive never actually felt the laptop getting terribly hot anyways?

Mailman

Software update did not correct the problem for me on the missed keystroke problem. Apple still needs to address this issue as far as I'm concerned.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
I have the same problem with my C2D MB. If it wasn't for Mac OS's built in spell checker that checks everything I type, I'd have alot of problem with it. I guess the dotted red line (indicating a typo) will work until it gets fixed by Apple. My previous MBP had "the gap" as well but it didn't hurt the MBP's functionality at all so I let that one slide and didn't pursue it. Oddly enough, it went away after I disassembled the MBP to add some RAM. An added bonus for doing the upgrade myself I guess! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G
used my macbook with a WRT54G flashed with dd-wrt firmware (far superior to anything linksys ships with) and not one disconnection on 2 diff models, v3 and a v8 models at my uncles and my sisters house.

have you tried changing the range? potential interference from other 2.4ghz devices?

i moved mine from channel 6 to channel 8 and signal quality was far better and more responsive for G.

Reaction score
Software update did not correct the problem for me on the missed keystroke problem. Apple still needs to address this issue as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed, but the point Im trying to make is that if one comes in all a huffin and a puffin, they shouldnt be surprised when all they get back is arsy responses.

Mailman

Reaction score
I totally agree. I think forums in general....specifically, what most anyone knows is a bunch of people who like Macs in general. It is an Apple...not a Dell, HP, etc...which are just a conglomerate of PC's. 30 years ago I was hard core Mac, and I can see, today, that younger people still share that enthusiasm. Coming into an environment like this and acting rude and dismissive, will not be accepted by most.

24z

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20"(Jan.2008)
I LOVE MAC, I LOVE APPLE - MacWorld is Bright,Exciting,Fun,Creative!

I'm not in IT, but consider myself very competent computer user-geek, since 1995, with PC.
Now I'm one week with iMac. My excitement is not over yet, it's actually accelerating, as I discover more and more beautiful things in MacWorld.
Every piece, every little detail produced by Apple creative minds is stunning and elegant. The software for Mac is different too, it is elegant and creative.
Just the thin and super light Keyboard is a piece of art.
iMac is a piece of art - the design, the look, it's so silent, that i can ear the wall clock tick. it's the first time that I hear this clock tick.
It's AMAZING!...the Dashboard, Dock, iCal, iWork, iPhoto...etc.
Safari is the Best browser, the slickest browser, it's a pleasure to use.
The same with Mail - it's Fantastic! All others don't even come close to the innovations in Mail.

The End of essay.
Thank you APPLE!

Reaction score
I hear ya.....I'm typing on this unbelievable keyboard. So quiet...so soft and flat...A browser that is so slick and clean looking. Same with the software....I never thought I'd be so happy to NOT have a mouse. The two finger adaptation of the touchpad is great. Shortcuts are fun! Heck...the computer is just fun! 30 years of pc's were....well.....30 years of pc's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD
The Mac is truly a object to behold. I too can't get over the design of the hardware, and the simplicity, elegance and intuitiveness of the software. I bought the wireless mouse and keyboard, because my father wanted to use the standard wired version on his PC, but I ended up buying another wired keyboard for myself because I liked the design so much.

If only they can work out all of the glitches with Leopard, as well as the keyboard, warpage and other issues with the MBP, I'm ready to add two MBPs to the household.

Reaction score
Sounds like your Mac was built on a Friday afternoon. Id take it back. Regardless of the ins and outs and pros & cons of windows and Mac I can vouch that the hardware is the best around and ive owned all the major brands of lappies ever since theyve been around and update my machine evry 12-18 months. YOU have a Lemon not an Apple.

Reaction score
It does sound like a one in a 10,000 dud in terms of the warping I'd return it ASAP (i've never used a MBP but never heard of the warping in other apple product), plus the considering the very hefty amount of money it cost you you may be expecting perfection , and nothing (as much as i like Apples) is perfect maybe you should get a refund and hire a MBP (it may be pricey but you must be quite wealthy to afford it in the first place) and go from there.

I say. Refund + Hire = Decide again in time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
It's cool how people are reading the whole thread before posting.

The OP was understandably frustrated at people giving him suggestions he had already tried. Although sure, it probably didn't need a new thread, anybody who knows what they're doing with IT should be able to understand where he's coming from if they've ever called some sort of help desk. No need to get all emo about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
It's cool how people are reading the whole thread before posting.
It's cool how people are still suggesting that he return it for a refund... even though it's been three months since he posted this... which according to the thread title it would mean that he would have had the computer for 4 months (assuming he still has it).
;):D

Reaction score
I've had the ELP issue from day one.
Had it with Tiger, And still have it with Leopard.
More than a year later, with all the updates and patches fw or otherwise,
the ELP issue still exists.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.