iMail Password

Reaction score
Hi,

I want iMail to ask password to everyone when it starts..

p.s= i dont want to use the same password as my account`s..i want to use any other password than my account`s..
how could it be?

thanks..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Are you referring to Mail.app?

You could enclose it in an encrypted .dmg name it Mail.dmg... to get to the Mail.app a user would have to enter the encryption passphrase to see/get to Mail.app, then open Mail.app as usual.

OP
A
Reaction score
thanks but it takes a lot of time time name it from mail.app to mail.dmg.. then again changing the name from mail.dmg to mail.app to make it as usual..

are there any easiest way ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
You don't rename it... you simply create a .dmg using disk Utility... I suggested naming it "Mail.dmg" just to keep things organized... you can name the .dmg anything you want.

My advice was/is to create the .dmg and place the Apple Mail client (which is named "Mail.app in your applications folder) INSIDE the .dmg.

You can think of the encrypted .dmg as a "locked" folder that requires a passwrod in order access the folders contents (the contents being Mail.app).

OP
A
Reaction score
Hmm thanks.. i see your point now :)
but how can i make a .dmg folder ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.