Searches on MacForums

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro. 2.3Ghz Intel Core i7 running OSX 10.14.6, 16GB Ram
I just did a search for a thread that I posted a few months ago, and it didn't show up at all. What's that about? It's still there, so why didn't it show in the results?
(I did it just to see if it worked or not)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
What is the thread?

Also, what did you put in your search string?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
The search string is what keywords you use, what forums you search in and any other criteria.
For example, my search string was:

Search: Key Word(s): mail, app ; Posts Made By: Simbad54 ; Forum: OS X - Applications and Games and child forums

Yours is the only thread that comes up in the search.

Just use the Search Page and you will be able to do the same thing.

Even by doing just a general search of all forums with the words "mail" and "app" found your thread. Granted it was on the fifth page, but it was there.

OP
Simbad54
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro. 2.3Ghz Intel Core i7 running OSX 10.14.6, 16GB Ram
Ok, thanks. I typed in the complete thread title and got nothing, that was all.
Cheers anyway.

Reaction score
As an aside, you could use Google, as well, employing that search engine's site-search function.

Using quotes around the phrase to be searched so it wouldn't search for each word standing alone on a zillion sites, I typed
"Mail app won't go online" site:mac-forums.com
(This word spacing is important).

This hauled up only two hits from everywhere on the web that Google searches: your original post/thread and this one.

The site-search function is worth its weight when a site has a non-existent or poor search engine or is a site you must join before being allowed to search it.

FWIW, I use Scroogle. It uses Google but bounces Google's tracking cookies and prevents Google from making records of your searches — Scroogle claims.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.