MP3 player

Reaction score
I'm looking for a different MP3 player besides iTunes...
Needs to have playlist abilities, and an equalizer would be nice.
Anyone use a good prog. besides iTunes to play their music?

TIA-
Kevin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
There are not many others but take a look at www.versiontracker.com for some jukebox utilities

Why do you need a different one?

P

PinkPhishDoors

trpnmonkey41 said:
Why do you need a different one?

I know... iTunes Is the BEST thing ever, I don't think there is a better jukebox than iTunes, It is simple yet very innovative.

I

ilg

PinkPhishDoors said:
I know... iTunes Is the BEST thing ever, I don't think there is a better jukebox than iTunes, It is simple yet very innovative.

well i think there are some other jukeboxs that iTunes could take some pointers from. one that i like on windows is musicmatch jukebox (it used to be avalible for mac but i have not used it for mac in awhile so im not sure) it has alot of really good features included, like renaming the mp3 files to match what is entered in the ID3 info, this saves alot of time renaming files manualy. and there is a bunch of other things. so iTunes is good, but it could be so much better.

OP
M
Reaction score
The thing that urks me about iTunes is that when you import files into your playlist, it makes duplicate mp3's, and puts every single artist into individual folders... it makes it very difficult to manage my music if I want to delete, sort, etc... As like Winamp for Windows... I miss it pretty hardcore.

W

Wapa18

just go into itunes advanced preferences and deselect the "copy files to itunes library" option

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I find iTunes easier - once you allow it to take complete control of your music...

Allow it to sort, manage and rename your music the way it wants and it's brilliant.

But if you're trying to make it do things your way, it gets difficult

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I know a guy at work who swears by Audion. It has a "folder mirroring" playlist feature, which may please people who like to organize their MP3s in folders first. It's not free, though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.