Best entry level web editing software?

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

I am currently using a PC to edit and maintain my website but I obviously want to switch this over to mac. I have looked into dreamweaver which seems cool but is pricy for the basic amount of editing and maintenance I need to do.

Currently I am using CoffeCup, can anyone recommend something mac equivalent along the same line?

Thanks in advance!:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 GHz MBP, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD
There is a program called rapidweaver that i used with no schooling at all about web design. I believe it is very cheap also. I got the free version that they were giving away right before they released the new version.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I tried both out and they are both alright, however I am looking for something that includes an ftp manager and something where I can edit the html of the webpages.

Thanks however for the great help so far!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
THere is an open source editor called Nvu

not as good as Dreamweaver but not bad for free software

www.nvu.com/

or there is Mozilla composer

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I'll second RapidWeaver. I'm not very bright and I was able to quickly build a decent looking site with it.

And of course, every Mac comes with iWeb, which is pretty simple too.

LWC

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I tried both out and they are both alright, however I am looking for something that includes an ftp manager and something where I can edit the html of the webpages.

Thanks however for the great help so far!
KompoZer allows you to edit the HTML by clicking on the source tab near the bottom of the screen also it has a built in publishing feature to upload your work to the server but I don't use it.

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24-inch iMac, MacBook Pro
I'm more of a programming guy. I find myself daily using TextMate, CSSEdit2, sometimes BBEdit and I find Coda very useful :)

You could use other things such as DreamWeaver from Adobe.com which has a WYSIWYG interface.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.