Can't boot OSX & XP

Reaction score
I have preinstalled dual boot OSX & XP, maybe viruses, now i can't boot to both of the os, how can i fix the boot problem? I a new mac user...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
Back to basics.

Insert the DVD for your installed system. If you can restart. If not hard power down by pushing the power button.

When you get it to shut off or restart hold down the "C" button to try and use the DVD as the start up device. Tell us what you see when you cannot "get it to start". I would ignore the Windows side till you get it back up into Mac.

If you get it to start head to Utilities on the title bar and run repair permission AND disk repair in this order. If you get through these you should be able to reboot into Mac. Before you do restart make sure that your HD is the startup drive -- Preferences >Startup Disk.

There are no viruses I am aware of for Mac but Windows you need to get and install a virus catcher. You need the real thing not just a crack, just in case you need to insert the CD that will aid in cleaning the XP install. VERY cheap insurance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.