Dashboard problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" Matte 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
I'm confused. When I uncheck my Dashboard widgets that I'm not using, they stay unchecked only until I restart my computer.

Is there a way to keep them unchecked? I thought they ate up RAM if checked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I'm sorry, but where are you unchecking the widgets? The only way I know of to get rid of widgets from Dashboard is by clicking on the little X in the top left corner

OP
Weird Fish
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm sorry, but where are you unchecking the widgets? The only way I know of to get rid of widgets from Dashboard is by clicking on the little X in the top left corner
These:

Picture 1.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh that. Why don't you just disable them using the little X in the corner? Especially since you don't want them to pop up again. If you need to use a particular widget, you can always throw it back up.

OP
Weird Fish
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
But, when I restart my computer, it shows every widget being checked. Are they using RAM?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Open up Activity Monitor (use Spotlight search) as soon as you boot up your computer and check to see if the widgets show up. If not, then there's your answer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" imac, 2.8ghz, 2gb ram, 500gb hd, etc.
Please help me!!!
I've recently purchased my first every apple computer, namely the new 24" imac w/2.8 ghz, 2 gb ram, etc. and I absolutely love it.

The problem is this...I know the shortcut keys for the dashboard the mouse buttons for it as well, however whenever I press any of the keys I see the dashboard open but none of the widgets are displayed. Even after dragging the widgets to the dashboard (after pressing the + sign in the corner) none of the widgets display. In fact as soon as I drag them onto the screen the dashboard automatically exits. If I hit the dashboard buttons, the dashboard itself display but none of the widgets....

Any ideas/suggestions? please and thank you....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.