Logitech MX 1000 mouse not working in OS X, bt it does in Windows

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo, 4GB of memory
So I decided to dig out my MX 1000 after trying to give the Mighty Mouse a shot since I bought my first Mac a few weeks ago, and I'm having some problems.

I've tried finding some ideas but everything I find says people just plug it in and it works. Well, thats true for Windows, but for some reason Leopard isn't detecting it. I've installed Logitech's software for it, but still nothing. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I have that mouse and it works perfectly well in Leopard. First thing I'd do is uninstall that Logitech software... it's worse than useless. Secondly... you do have the base station plugged into a USB port, right? The mouse doesn't work with the Mac's bluetooth card, so you'll have to rely on the base station's BT capability.

Once you get this sorted, I'd like to recommend you pick up a utility called SteerMouse. It will let you program your mouse buttons any way you please.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have that mouse and it works perfectly well in Leopard. First thing I'd do is uninstall that Logitech software... it's worse than useless. Secondly... you do have the base station plugged into a USB port, right? The mouse doesn't work with the Mac's bluetooth card, so you'll have to rely on the base station's BT capability.

Once you get this sorted, I'd like to recommend you pick up a utility called SteerMouse. It will let you program your mouse buttons any way you please.

Yes the base is plugged in, but this isnt a bluetooth model. It's one of the original RF MX 1000. I've tried multiple ports, but no good. I boot up into Windows via Boot Camp, and I've got no problems using it:Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Ok... here's an article on Logitech's site about their LCC software and Leopard. Let's do it their way for now, though honestly you shouldn't need their software at all. Specifically... you need LCC 2.3.1 or later, otherwise the mouse won't work.
http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com...F9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1teDEwMDA*&p_li=&p_topview=1

BTW... did your MacBook come with Leopard, or did you have to upgrade it from Tiger yourself?

And... here's the directions for uninstalling LCC...
http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com...F9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1teDEwMDA*&p_li=&p_topview=1

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The version of LCC I was using is 2.4.0, the latest they have available, and yes, my iMac came with Leopard

This problem is blowing my mind, lol. I know the device is working, and that the system is picking it up because it works flawlessly in Windows via Boot Camp. However for some reason, OS X wont see it and the Logitech software says the device cant be found...hmmm

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah ha! Well after digging around a little bit, I found the solution. I had to run the "Logitech Connection Utility" that was burried in the utilities app folder and that did the trick. I've never needed to do that before with Windows, so that was a new step for me (thus why I was stuck and never even thought to look for such a solution).

Anyway, thanks for the help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.