Purchased upgrade didn't install

Reaction score
First off, this is not a jailbroken iPod.

Does anyone have the directions that are displayed (or can reiterate them for me) for installing the new january upgrade for the touch. I went through with the purchase, noted that it took the money and then just assumed it was like normally geting stuff through iTunes so I closed the page telling you the directions to install. My apps aren't showing up and I connected and synced and still no go. Am I supposed to a special little dance or something?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac - MacBook Pro - iPhone - Nano - Touch
Rub your head and stomach at the same time counter clock wise :p

Plug your touch in and go to your downloads on the side bar on iTunes and click install where you see the update.

Reaction score

Does anyone have the directions that are displayed (or can reiterate them for me) for installing the new january upgrade for the touch. I went through with the purchase, noted that it took the money and then just assumed it was like normally geting stuff through iTunes so I closed the page telling you the directions to install. My apps aren't showing up and I connected and synced and still no go. Am I supposed to a special little dance or something?
uninstall and re-install itunes that should work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
And pay attention next time! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)

Does anyone have the directions that are displayed (or can reiterate them for me) for installing the new january upgrade for the touch. I went through with the purchase, noted that it took the money and then just assumed it was like normally getting stuff through iTunes so I closed the page telling you the directions to install. My apps aren't showing up and I connected and synced and still no go. Am I supposed to a special little dance or something?

You need to be at version 1.1.3 before you can install the paid for upgrade.

Plug your ipod in. Check for updates. Update to 1.1.3. Then just sync your touch and it will copy over the paid for upgrade. For info the paid for upgrade doesn't appear in the downloads pane. I suspect it's already bundled into the 1.1.3 update and purchasing through itunes just unlocks the functionality.

iTunes will report your touch as 1.1.3 (with software upgrade) on the Summary tab

Now I'm off to try and claim £12.99 back as they charged me twice! Doh!

HTH
mrplow

Reaction score
i have the same problem i dont see the downloads section or how to access it all i see is the itunes store i bought the update and synced it and all with itunes 7.6 but it didnt work.

thanks for the help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
i have the same problem i dont see the downloads section or how to access it all i see is the itunes store i bought the update and synced it and all with itunes 7.6 but it didnt work.

thanks for the help

Have you managed to download and install the free update to 1.1.3?

mrplow

EDIT:
A few people seem to be having a problem adding the paid for upgrade.
For many the following seems to be working:
Either -
1. Authorise your computer again in iTunes. Then try to sync your iPod Touch.

Or if that doesn't work.....

2. Set the iPod touch to auto sync Rather than manually managing content. Tis will erase your current content and autofill your ipod but you can switch it back to manual after the sync and re-fill it as you wish

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.