Shiny speck on Macbook Screen

Reaction score
Hey MF! This issue has been irking me for awhile now. If I shine a light to my Macbook screen with it is asleep or turned off, I can see a shiny speck on the top left hand side of the screen. It looked like a spot of dust at first but I could not rub it off with a microfibre cloth nor cleaning wipes. I even felt the screen with my finger, and it feels like there is nothing there.

I can't really see it when its turned on but I just don't like the fact that its there. Do you guys think its a dead pixel or maybe a tiny piece of dust/sand particle that got stuck inside/beneath my screen? Any ideas/solutions??

Thanks!

Reaction score
If it's definitely not a spot of something dried on there, and you have a 13.3" MacBook (glossy screen), it's likely that there is a little piece of your glossy finish missing. I suggest asking a Genius Bar tech if it's covered under warranty (assuming your MacBook is under warranty).

A dead pixel would only be visible when the display is on.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks all, apparently it was a little piece of dust or candy or something that was stubbornly stuck on. I was scared to apply too much pressure, but I decided to use a microfibre one last time with more elbow grease because I was told that the LCDs are not THAT frail, and it disappeared.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.