iPhone and iPhoto

Reaction score
Every time I sync my iphone the iphoto program opens ups and wants to import pix I have imported already. How can I stop iphoto for opening up automatically?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Try this, when you sync your iPhone, go to the photos tab and select Sync from "pictures" rather than "iPhoto". See if that's issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
iPhoto>Preferences>something about launching when camera detected...

OP
btor72
Reaction score
I've tried both suggestions and neither worked. Has anyone else had this experience, if so how did you correct?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Open up Image Capture. Go to its Preferences and in the drop down box next to "When a camera is connected, open:" select "No application"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Powerbook G4, iPhone
Kash has got it. I asked this some time ago as well, and Image Capture is the definitive answer.

You will have to manually open iPhoto when you connect your regular camera, but its a small price toupe'e

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.