Drag and drop media??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Some people are reporting that you can now drag and drop media like you can with other iPods. Is this true? Apparently you have to erase your iPhone first. I did a restore and it didn't work. Maybe because I used my backup instead of starting fresh as a new iPhone.

Anyway, if anyone can verify this, please tell me how to do it. I hate not being able to drag and drop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
not doing it here either.

i doubt that wouldve gone unsaid at MW.

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ugh, I can't believe I completely missed the checkbox option of the summary screen.

If you look at the bottom of the summary screen that pops up when you plug in your iPhone, there's a checkbox option to manually transfer media. Best part of the update for me!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
Ugh, I can't believe I completely missed the checkbox option of the summary screen.

If you look at the bottom of the summary screen that pops up when you plug in your iPhone, there's a checkbox option to manually transfer media. Best part of the update for me!

really? It doesn't say that in any of the update description

darg n' drop > unshackled iPhone, I'm updating now

EDIT: I'm not seeing anything about that feature, maybe its in the iTunes 7.6 update (which is going on right now)

EDITEDIT: yup, upgraded to iTunes 7.6 and the option is there....kickass!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
So this means I can drag media files to the iPhone device icon or iPhone playlists on the left side of the iTunes interface instead of letting iTunes do it for me? If so then SWEET!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz

Good find. I hadn't noticed that and there's no mention of it that I remember seeing/hearing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Does this make it like a hard disk? The ipods could be used as storage for a hard drive, if that is what this is, that is the best news ive heard in a while.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
Does this make it like a hard disk? The ipods could be used as storage for a hard drive, if that is what this is, that is the best news ive heard in a while.

no, just means you can drag and drop music and movies from your itunes library onto the iPhone in the left panel. Pictures cannot be dragged and dropped though (I tried from finder and there's no picture section on iTunes)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
no, just means you can drag and drop music and movies from your itunes library onto the iPhone in the left panel. Pictures cannot be dragged and dropped though (I tried from finder and there's no picture section on iTunes)

oh ok cool, thanks.

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The only bad part is, it's one way or the other. Either drag and drop manually or use the auto syncs, you can't do both. But that's fine with me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.