sound trouble

q17

Reaction score
All of a sudden I can't play any sound on my MacBook Pro. I can listen with headphones but when I try to play through the speakers nothing comes out. If I try to adjust the volume the bar is full and there is a little crossed-out-circle sign (like the sign over a cigarette for a "no smoking" sign). I appreciate any help with this matter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS X 10.4.11
I would first verify permissions in disk utility to see if that brings back the sound. If that doesn't work you could try a disc utility App for deeper cleaning such as Ice Clean / OnyX, these will reset system parameters, and other options witch I personally find useful, however always read the NBs before running. :D

OP
Q

q17

Reaction score
I did some research and found it that I had to fiddle with the headphone jack using a toothpick, which had the red light on continuously because it was stuck on (for those that might bring up this topic in a search).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" Matte 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
I did some research and found it that I had to fiddle with the headphone jack using a toothpick, which had the red light on continuously because it was stuck on (for those that might bring up this topic in a search).
That happened to me a while ago!

It went away eventually though. Thanks for clearing up what that light was though!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.