How Strange Is This?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.8GHz Core 2 Extreme, 500+500GB HD, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.5.1
Hey,

I just rebooted my mac in Leopard, after having windows open, and I am faced with a dialogue box telling me my date is set to a time before Jan 2001, and that this might affect the way some programs operate!

Wait a second...I didn't go near my date and time! So how could it have changed all by itself!

Second thing, was when I opened my hardware monitor, to monitor the temps of my components, it was registering a null value!

Great...so without doing ANYTHING, two things have now messed up all by themselves.

Anyway, one quick restart later, and thankfully everything now seems to be back to normal. Still not that happy though...what could have happened?

One more thing I noticed, is that NetBarrier (I just have the trial version installed, along with VirusBarrier), was now missing from my bar along the top. Again, this came back with a restart.

SSSSStrange :eek:

Reaction score
Never heard of net barrier or virusbarrier, i know this is off topic but what you think about them so far?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.8GHz Core 2 Extreme, 500+500GB HD, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.5.1
Yeah they are pretty popular in the world of Mac security, or so I'm lead to believe!

They seem very decent pieces of software. Lots and lots of different forms of defence, all configurable.

It jus kinda sits in the background and doesn't do much, I guess it wont have to on a Mac, but it looks impressive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.