LOL @ 1.1.3 iPhone update

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz
Ya "viewmymessage.com" is horrible. 80% of the time my message will either not load, will load incredible slow, or it's just too much of a pain to copy over the name and password(...with no copy and paste..)...

Although, being able to text multiple people at once will be nice, as this will be effective for my weekends.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Powerbook G4, iPhone
I would have liked to see the iPhone evolve a little faster as well. It seems like every time I want to boast about it, the picture message thing is the first topic that comes up. Kinda takes the gusto out of the sales pitch, ya know?

As far as "locate me", my phone nailed me down to a circle just a hair bigger than a city block. I was pretty impressed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.4 C2D, 2Gb, 320Gb HD, 500GB External OWC FW800, 17" MBP, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb, 500Gb HD, iPhone.
Reaction score
you dont need any program to make ringtones. all you gotta do is change the .m4a extention to .m4r and open the file with itunes (obviously get something to edit something down to 30 seconds long).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHz, 8GB iPhone
I'm liking the update so far. The new Map features are great for me. I use it everyday to get to whatever job I have and instead of having to go on my computer the night before and do a mapquest, I just find my current location in the morning and type in the address to where I need to go. The iPhone is nothing short of perfect for my lifestyle.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
Does it crash like 1.1.2? Sorry for the hijacking......

my phone did nothing BUT crash on 1.1.2

since the itunes 7.6/1.1.3 updates, (knock on wood), no crashes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
my phone did nothing BUT crash on 1.1.2

Really? Mine has never crashed since I got it. This may seem simple, but did you try a complete restore??

If mine crashed all the time, I would take it in for a replacement as it's obvious that isn't necessarily a common problem with all iPhones.

Reaction score
Multi-person texting... yeehaw.. Lets see AT&T pull the stick outta their faces and let the iPhone send and receive MMS. Cheap "children without fathers" (yes, "children without fathers", do the math)... </rant>

Better complain to Apple about the MMS not AT&T. The device has to have the functionality in it to support MMS. The AT&T network fully supports MMS, the iphone does not have that functionality.

Reaction score
How / Where do you download the iphone update?

I ran software update on my mac with the iphone attached but my iphone works just like before.

you have to go into iTunes with your iPhone attached, and click "check for updates" on the iPhone screen in iTunes. THEN iTunes should pop up with a message that says something like "new software available, would you like to download/download and install/ignore" then just pick one and let it do the rest! simple!

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
you have to go into iTunes with your iPhone attached, and click "check for updates" on the iPhone screen in iTunes. THEN iTunes should pop up with a message that says something like "new software available, would you like to download/download and install/ignore" then just pick one and let it do the rest! simple!

Cheers - now if i could just get Leopard's WIFI to stay connected to download the file, have tried downloading the update at least 20 times now but Leopard keeps losing the WIFI connection before it completes argggghhh c'mon apple fix the flaky WIFI in Leopard!!

Reaction score
anyone else have any issues with text messages being out of order? Like some of the chat bubbles are out of order.....anyone else have anything like that?!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz
anyone else have any issues with text messages being out of order? Like some of the chat bubbles are out of order.....anyone else have anything like that?!?

Yup. I was about to make a thread. I've noticed if you send a text and then turn the screen off, the messages will end up stacking funny(the last two recieved texts below the most recent sent text).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I am loving the new update. I love the new Maps feature of displaying your location. Really excellent addition that makes it very helpful for figuring out directions to where you need to be. I also LOVE the ability to add Safari pages to my main screen. I have added Google and an investment site that I view all the time. Now both are just one tap away, not two or three. Simple, but really nice.

I am finding the update to be very stable, but then I had no troubles with the last version either.

Reaction score
i know what you mean about the text being out of order. What is the deal with that? I cant figure out why it would do that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
everything working fine for me here after about a week of use. Much much better than 1.1.2.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
That's what I was afraid of......

you dont need any program to make ringtones. all you gotta do is change the .m4a extention to .m4r and open the file with itunes (obviously get something to edit something down to 30 seconds long).

You can also now create ringtones in Garageband. It's super easy and you can use any MP3 you have on your computer. I made about 7 yesterday, and I'm gonna have a few more in a few minutes. Just drag the song to GB and cut it down to where you want it.

Reaction score
I love the 1.1.3 update! My problem was I updated both of my iPhones to 1.1.3 and then found out 1.1.3 prevents my Garmin Nuvi GPS from paring up with the iPhone. It worked perfectly under 1.1.2 and all previous versions.

Luckily, I got my original week 26 iPhone replaced today (low sound volume since day 1) and I got a brand new week 1 iPhone with 1.1.2 on it! I am not upgrading this new phone till I hear that my GPS can once again pair up so I can use the GPS handsfree. I don't need it to work now, but when vacation comes this summer I will.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.