lost admin password

Reaction score
so I've searched everywhere, and all the responses were for Tiger or older, and no longer work, apparently Apple thought it'd be a good idea to make common sense inapplicable.

Anyway, I have a brand new MacBook. I love it, all that, blah blah blah. I didn't really have time to do much with it the first day I got it, so I've just been fooling around a bit on the standard user. But now, I go to install programs, and I can't, because I'm not an Admin. Which is fine, except I can't remember my password for the life of me.

I've yet to try reinstalling it from scratch. Don't really want to, either, so I ask, is there anyway to get/change that password?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
reinstall. how can you forget a password that important :)

Reaction score
If nobody else ever uses your laptop perhaps don't even bother with a password and just leave it blank. Thats all i have done. It still asks for the password, you jsut press enter when the screen pops up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.