Problem working with MS Word without right-click!!

Reaction score
Hi

I've got Macbook Pro, and i've installed windows on it, now because there is only one left button i've downloaded a program that lets me use the ctrl+click as right click, and thats perfectly fine...

now when i work with MS Word and try to display the right-click menu, i get an error saying "Make a selection first"!! what seems to be the problem is that ctrl+click is a keyboard shortcut for some feature in Word!!

what i want to know is what is this shortcut pointing to? i looked in the list of all shortcuts and didnt find one that uses the mouse at all! Did any1 face the same problem and managed to solve it!?

Thanks
HannaH

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 3.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 8Gb Ram 1TB Fusion HD + MBP
Right click

Why don't you just go into system preferences> keyboard and mouse and change the right side of the mouse to secondary button?

Then you'll have a right click function on your mouse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
macbooks, macbook pro's, and now Macbook Air's only have one "mouse button" (not sure how else to say it)

in order to right click on them you either have to:
1)click while holding ctrl
2)click while holding two finger on the trackpad
3)tap 2 fingers on the track pad

not sure about your problem though.... right click using ms office in winodws works fine for me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 3.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 8Gb Ram 1TB Fusion HD + MBP
Mouse

They may only have one button but they will definitely work as a two-button mouse. I have a Mighty Mouse and have it set for a secondary button on the right side. It works just like any two button mouse. I have a left-click and a right-click. Dunno what else to tell ya . . .

OP
T
Reaction score
Is that on the windows version?
I know that can be done in OSX, but i dont know how to do it in windows :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Is that on the windows version?
I know that can be done in OSX, but i dont know how to do it in windows :(

If the Mac drivers for Windows are installed then taping with two fingers will do a right-click. Check for any settings in Control Panel->Mouse in case you have to turn that feature on.

Reaction score
On mine, two fingers on the trackpad and a click is equivalent to a right-click just like NPuter says. But any regular mouse is recognized by Windows on BC with all functionalities enabled. Just make sure that you have installed the windows drivers during BC installation.

OP
T
Reaction score
well in this case i must have done something wrong during the installation!

i cant tap on the trackpad either!!

after i partitioned the hard-drive, and inserted the windows CD, it installed everything, and then i inserted the leopard's CD to install the drivers with the bootcamp, and i cant see any options what you've mentioned :(

where can i find out how to properly install these drivers? and where would i find them to begin with :(

Thanks guys for your time

OP
T
Reaction score
oh, i've realised something!!
when i hold the trackpad with 2 fingers and click on the button it displays the right click menu without the little bug i mentioned above :D

thats good enough :)

SOLVED :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.