• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Poor Jonathan Ive

Reaction score
He was the principal designer for almost every successful Apple product. Yet all we talk about it Steve. Just thought I would give some credit where it is do.

Jonathan Ive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
You still need a crazy <fill in the blank> like Jobs to come up with the ideas.

Nice link, btw. ^_^ I never knew about Ive. He'd probably be a cool person to meet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Or be inspired by some other talented designer, as mentioned in the wiki article and illustrated in an article from Gizmodo I posted earlier:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92392

Not to worry, many people are saying Ive will take the reigns when Jobs steps down. Then he'll get all the recognition he can handle. Sure his designs are great, but I wonder if he has what it takes to run a large multinational company. I suppose if Jobs is working hard on grooming him for the job it could work.

k3s

Reaction score
Yep poor Ive, although he is pulling in salary of about £1,000,000. But still apples designs are absolutely brilliant.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Actually, Ive is one of the only Apple employees to get any recognition besides Jobs and Schiller.

So instead of saying poor Ive, how about poor design team that work for Ive?

I'm sure he oversees every design Apple put out, but I'd imagine that a lot of the concepts are worked out by his team.

Reaction score
Let's hold a tag day for poor Jonathan Ive. We could use old, gutted gumdrop iMacs as Sally Ann-type cash kettles. :)

OP
C
Reaction score
All very true, but I just had never heard of him. And I'm sure he makes Apple all the money they can pay him :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.