AOL/BT Broadband UK - how do I connect?

J

jimmynitcher

Hi,
I already have an account and a modem connected to my PC
I don't really know where to start, can I connect wirelessly to it with the Pbook and its Airport Extreme card? If so how.
any help much app
J

OP
A

Animatronica

You would need a wireless router to allow for the Powerbook to connect online onto the internet using its airport card. The Apple Basestation is a good choice but its rather pricey. Linksys makes some good wireless routers though one example being the - WRT54G. The first thing you need to do(all routers are the same..basically) is unhook the Ethernet cord going into your computer , the end you just unplugged from the computer,and plug into the whats considered the Internet/Input port on the router..usually this port is isolated and away from the others. Now usually each router will have 4 ethernet ports on the back in case you want to hoook up any computers using wires. if you have any computers you'd like to make wired then you will need to run one end of an ethernet cable into one of the ports on the router(usually labeled 1/2/3/4 or a/b/c/d etc.) and the other into whichever computer you want. After you get finished with that you simly have to plug the routers power cable in and everything should light up like normal. Now you shouldnt have to set u p anything. All of the PCs and/or Macs should be ready to go. I've always used to linksys routers in the networks I have put together and I've NEVER had to do any setups at all. Everything was ready to go once the wires and such were plugged in. I hope this helps. I tried to make this as simple as possible so that anyone no matter what skill can get it. I think I did an ok job but if you need more explaining then go ahead and ask.

C-ya

OP
J

jimmynitcher

Why thanks v much, I really appreciate it.
I have to switch from AOL though I think..
ta ra
j

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.