802.1x Security Issues with Airport

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals! I'm very new to the Mac world, as I just received my MacBook today. I was able to get on the wireless network at work, but any time the MacBook goes into stand-by or is turned off, I have to remove and reinstall the network. Not cool. Here's a bit about the wireless network:

Security: 802.1x
SSID: Not Broadcast

Runs on a domain. When I enter the info and the credentials and accept the certificate, the internet is screaming fast. However, as I mentioned, any time the computer would need to reconnect to the wireless access point, I need to remove and reinstall the network. It looks like AirPort is losing the certificate. I have heard that there was a fix in Tiger. I am running Leopard, and don't want to screw this beautiful machine up. :Oops: Please help! Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
I think there is an advances airport setting for not disconnecting when logging out but i cant guarantee that the fix. dont really have much experience with 802.1X make sure that the network is in the list of preferred networks that might help.

OP
P
Reaction score
make sure that the network is in the list of preferred networks that might help.

Yeah. Did that. It just seems that every time the Airport card would lose power to sleep or shutdown, the certificate expires. In every PC the certificate sticks with no problem. Airport won't seem to auto-detect and then connect. It will see the hidden SSID, but won't connect, which is why I have to remove/reinstall the network. So strange.:Grimmace:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.