Build quality issues with new MacBook

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I bought my MacBook (2Ghz, white) just over a week ago, but the build quality isn't quite as expected.

The lid/screen seems slightly warped at the right side, so that it doesn't meet the base properly above the CD slot. It's also aligned poorly when the lid closes. I'm not sure if it was like that when I bought it, but the notebook hasn't been moved around and not subjected to heat/light so I don't know how I could've caused it.

Plus, not sure if it's a hardware or software thing, but the touchpad often just stops working for up to 30 seconds at a time. And the top row of keys (QWERTY) seems very unresponsive compared to the rest of the keyboard. At first I thought it was just my lack of experience typing with it, but after a week of use, I still have to press a lot harder to get a response from them.

Any of these problems sound familiar? Is it worth returning it to the store?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
it's worth it to bring it in.

mine is well over a year old and i don't have any of those issues.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
my first 2.2 felt like the screw by the headphone jack wasnt in any thread, so it creaked like crazy!

this, my second, is fine there, but the lid doesnt line up as nicely. its fine with me though, i dont really care.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.