new home network,

N

nebber

I just purchased a 12" Power Book and airport express. At home, I have a Dell Desktop, running XP Pro, that is on-line via DSL (pacbell).

I have been successful getting on-line from my PowerBook wirelessly via the Airport - the set-up is my DSL and Desktop and Airport Express are all linked via an ethernet hub (dummy hub). I am able to ping my Desktop on my Powerbook... however, i cannot see the Desktop from my Powerbook or see the Powerbook from the Desktop (for file sharing)...

Any thoughts? I think i have tried a lot of things... Do I need another ethernet card for my Desktop or can i file share through the hub?

Very Frustrating! Sharing the on-line access was so easy... file sharing has wasted many, many hours!

OP
A

Animatronica

Can you see the computers connected together through the Dells internet manager? I believe Windows XP(if your not on it then i'm sorry) if I remember right has some kind of global internet option where it lets you see all of the computers connected to any given network you are on. Also, have you enabled file sharing in the network options?

C-ya

OP
N

nebber

I am on XP Pro... can't see either computer, although when I ping the PC from the Powerbook's Network Utility, it finds the PC.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.