using gift cards out of country

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iTouch, iPad, iPhone 3GS..waiting for iPhone5 or 6?
purchased my ipod in the states as well as a gift card.. came home to canada and I was reading the T&C and says to be used in US only!! (teach me for not reading first buying after :Grimmace: ) I didn't scratch the back of the card yet thank god! Can I still use it or should I attempt to see if my canadian store can exchange it for me?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB Ram, MacBook White
You can use it at the US iTunes Store (Which has more content and cheaper) if you redeem through there then create an account and get a US PayPal Account using any US Address for both iTunes and PayPal then add your Canadian Credit Card to continue buying from there.

So just redeem it nothing stopping you. I did it and still do it now (UK Store sucks big time LoL)

OP
cdnphotog
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
how do I know I'm using itunes US vs itunes Canada?? it was all set up in my computer when I bought it?

eta
found the drop down menu at the bottom if iTunes to change stores...

OP
cdnphotog
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well that didn't work.. my paypal is not US funded.. and I don't have a US address...

OP
cdnphotog
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You can use it at the US iTunes Store (Which has more content and cheaper)

)

looked at the two and it's the same price .99/song well I'd actually have to spend a few extra pennies if I bought from the us store. For you it's a savings almost .50 cents so worth it ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB Ram, MacBook White
You have to create a PayPal US account with any US Address (google for hotel or something) then add your credit card to that US PayPal account.

I mentioned the US PayPal/Account thing as an extra you don't need to have an account to redeem Gift Cards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.