No quickbooks free trial for Mac, right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen
I found a thread on here that said a user had a free trial of Quickbooks that worked well for him. I can't find a trial for Mac's, just Windows. Is there one?

In general do people here find QB Mac 2007 okay, or better to get QB 2008 Windows and run it with Parallels or Bootcamp or Crossover? (not that I have any of those or know how they work, lol.)

There isn't other outstanding alternatives are there? I've heard of MYOB, etc. This is for my own small business. I'm the only employee.

TIA,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I do know there is no free trial of Quicken for Mac, so I assume the same holds true for Quickbooks. Intuit will refund your money within 60 days if the product doesn't work out for you... I had no trouble getting my refund when I decided Quicken wasn't for me.

That said, I would steer way clear of Quickbooks. They recently issued a patch that would randomly delete people's desktops, leading to data loss and other issues with the system. Last I heard, they released a patch to fix this, but it really didn't, and eventually they fixed it. Intuit already has a poor track record for supporting the Mac platform from what I've read, and a bug like this is wholly inexcusable IMO. I'm afraid I have no personal recommendations for an alternative to Quickbooks though.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
That said, I would steer way clear of Quickbooks. They recently issued a patch that would randomly delete people's desktops, leading to data loss and other issues with the system. Last I heard, they released a patch to fix this, but it really didn't, and eventually they fixed it. Intuit already has a poor track record for supporting the Mac platform from what I've read, and a bug like this is wholly inexcusable IMO. I'm afraid I have no personal recommendations for an alternative to Quickbooks though.
The patch did not cause the problem, but the automatic update process did. The patch was to disable this update process, but it caused more problem with wireless networks. I don't know it it is a problem with the 2007 Apple version, but i know it is with the 2006 version. because I experience the problem that eventful week-end like everyone else did. I thought it was the upgrading to 10.4.11, because I did that the day before. Everything is working now, but I am on a wired network. So I don't have that security issue. Intuit had not updated me yet on a problem resolution.

OP
rcronin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen
The patch did not cause the problem, but the automatic update process did. The patch was to disable this update process, but it caused more problem with wireless networks. I don't know it it is a problem with the 2007 Apple version, but i know it is with the 2006 version. because I experience the problem that eventful week-end like everyone else did. I thought it was the upgrading to 10.4.11, because I did that the day before. Everything is working now, but I am on a wired network. So I don't have that security issue. Intuit had not updated me yet on a problem resolution.

Ugg is all I can say.

No wait, since I have a really smaller, new business, do you think an account would freak if I used MYOB, Cha-Ching, Money-Dance, etc? I don't think they allow double entry accounting. Which I think is the ability to describe where/how etc, money is coming from or going to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I actually got a free version of QuickBooks (2005) with my PowerBook. It was the "New User Edition" (NUE.)

Newer Macs don't include it. Apple's software bundles are much lighter than they used to be. (I also got Art Directors Toolkit, OmniGraffle and GraphicConverter.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.