Slow start up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 2.4Ghz C2D 2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Just installed Leopard and found my startup and system generally slower.

How can I find out what is booting up on startup like 'msconfig' on windows. Also what other tools can i get (free ideally) to check system health and antivirus?

thanks in advance for your help

Reaction score
Everything that is running is visible in the Activity Monitor, which lives in your Utilities folder. You can choose specific apps to start at boot up in your Account preferences (System Preferences, Accounts, Login items.)
Fun things like directory repairs and permissions repairs can be done with Disk Utility which is also in the Utilities folder.
There are no viruses that afflict the Mac under OS X, so don't worry about that!

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 2.4Ghz C2D 2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM
g thanks man.

is there anyway i can test the security of my system etc?

Reaction score
g thanks man.

is there anyway i can test the security of my system etc?
For what? This ain't Windows!
;D
I don't want you to be complacent, but the real threat to your system is you, not the system. There are no viruses, nothing can be installed without your Admin approval. Now, you can connect to unprotected wireless devices and broadcast your SS and credit card numbers. And you can go to dirtygirls.com and download a jpeg that might not be what you thought it would be. But that isn't your Mac's fault!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.