Max OSX Leopard the missing manual

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
i was wondering if anyone has read any of these missing manual books. i was thinking of picking one up with a giftcard i have.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I have the Tiger one and it was really helpful when I was starting out. I then kept it nearby as a reference tool.

If you're just starting out on Macs, I would highly recommend it. Worth its weight in gold.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
I have the iPhone one, it's awesome, I definitely recommend the books.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2GHz C2D Macbook - 3GB RAM, 80GB HDD
I just picked up the Leopard the other day and it is really good - it is in my opinion a "must buy".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 15. 2.6GHz. 2GB. Airport Extreme Base n. iPod nano 8GB.
If you need the manual, then I recommend you buy it.

Scott Kilby's "Killer Secrets" is a must have book. The Leopard version should be out soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
I have several titles from Missing manuals . Well written. Well worth it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
it doesn't give a preview but there are a few 'leopard' missing manuals at http://books.google.com/ - google books is great and also points you to the nearest library
but if you want to see what they tend to be like, just type in missing manual and click on one that has a preview available. The previews are quite good!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 15. 2.6GHz. 2GB. Airport Extreme Base n. iPod nano 8GB.
I reference and purchase my geek books from OReilly

Reaction score
I get access to thousands of computer related books online through school, I plan on buying a MBP in the coming months and "Mac OSX Leapord: The Missing Manual" by O'Reilly has been a great resource. It's defintely worth the read.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
I'm a new mac user and my wife bought it for me as a Christmas gift. So far it's been a life saver, awesome book! She also ordered 'iPhoto the Missing Manual' but it hadn't been released yet (Christmas time) so it's on back order. I can hardly wait until it shows up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I understand a new Mac user would greatly benefit from this book. But what about one who knows quite a lot about OS X and a lot of the tricks already. Would that someone get a lot of use from these books.

I'm sure a lot of people would like to know this, as do I cause I've never owned a OS X book. I've always been self, google and this forum taught.

OP
safarisurfer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
just picked it up today. its a biggie. really good so far. so much info i love it.

Reaction score
I picked up my copy almost a month ago, and have since pretty much read through the entire thing. It's a great book to use for learning, but also really useful to keep near the computer as a reference manual as well.

My very first Mac (Mac Pro 2.8 octo) will be here on Friday, and I can't wait to turn my current PC (no slouch at all, but I'm just tired of it - and it runs XP, *not* Vista) into something a lot more useful - a Linux fileserver :)

I'm also looking forward to getting "Switching to a Mac - Leopard Edition", which is supposed to be out in early February....

-Bryan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.