heat issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 2.4ghz 15"
i have a macbook pro and ive started to notice the case bend around the battery. its not much but you can notice it if were to sight the underneath.
im guessing its the excessive heat it generates. is it actually bad for the it? i dont mind that i burns my legs as long as it doesnt explode on my lap :D
i have SMC fancontrol and have leopard. i know it seems like nothing but also when i touch the underneath to lift it i feel a clicking or minute bumping noise. i think its the outwardly bent metal chassis hitting he insides.. should i contact apple to fix it or what should i do???

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Apple extended the warranty on all MacBook and MacBook Pro batteries made before a certain date. My guess is that you have one of the suspect batteries. I would just give Apple a call and let them know, I'm sure you won't have any trouble getting it replaced, even if your machine is out of warranty.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 2.4ghz 15"
i just read on the apple website that the perferred temp for the macbook pro is no higher than 95*f. with mine i would have to have the fans at full blast or close with barely anything running to reach that temp. is their something wrong.. ive seen it go up to 82*Celius once! AHHHH...

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
man - mine idles around 104 F....that has to be a mistake!!??

No, they run very warm. Some of them have issues with the way the thermal compound was applied.

SMCFanControl is redundant at best. At worst, it will actually shorten the service life of your fans. Your fans are thermostatically controlled - there is no reason to force them to a particular speed. If they are always on, chances are you have the thermal compound problem.

Many of the defective batteries reported on this forum and others have failed by bulging - some to the point that they won't even mount. Call Apple, I'll bet you'll have a new battery on your porch by Tuesday.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.