Can't download dmg files since uninstalling Vista.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, intel Core 2 Duo,2GHz, Os x 10.4.11
Hi guys, really hoping someone can help me on this one. Eversince I uninstalled Windows Vista/bootcamp (because it's junk ;)), I've not been able to down load any .dmg files in either Firefox or Safari.

Everything else works fine, and I can still down load torrents etc, It just seems to be DMG files.

Embarrassingly, I have to dust of the the old windows box to get apps for the mac- :[ .

I know it isn't a ISP/router/network fault as all other machines on the network have no issues with this.

I have also tried reinstalling os x (but keeping user profiles, files etc), repairing disk permissions and checking all updates are installed, but with no luck. I really don't want to have to do another clean install of o sx if I can help it!

Any help on this will be really appreciated, as I'm almost at the end of my tether with this :( .

Thanks in advance, Ben.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
How do they 'not download'?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, intel Core 2 Duo,2GHz, Os x 10.4.11
Symptoms.

Sorry, I knew I'd forget the most helpfull info!

Whenever I click on a link to a DMG file, Firefox (or Safari) will open up a new tab which then remains a blank page with either "connecting to www....", "transfering data" or "done" in the bottom left corner. I've tried leaving it for over an hour, but it just remains the same.

I've tried googling for this fault, but it appears it's only me!:|

Any help really appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.