verify disk permissions problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
ok i did some searching and found that leopard does indeed have some flaws when it comes to disk permissions, but should that cause my system to seemingly overload and not finish when i ask it to verify permissions? I clicked on "verify disk permissions" seriously 30 minutes ago, and 10 minutes in the temp jumps to 160 degrees farenheit and the fans are still at full speed. and the progress bar is still sitting at 1/4, telling me that less than a minute remains. i didn't think it normally took that long... or am i just mis-informed?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Are you running 10.5 or 10.5.1? I believe the problem was fixed in 10.5.1.

OP
mck_tj05
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
i ended up just wiping my disk and re-installing everything, but to answer your question i was on 10.5 i believe. i'm upgrading now...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Okay mck when X.5.1 is up and running Repair Permissions from the install DVD. Be patient should take about twenty minutes or so. Did you by chance do an upgrade insatllation or archive and install? Clean install seems to be the way to go with this new cat.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.