G4 800mhz Doozie!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2Powerbooks, 4 iMacs, 1 ipad, 2 iphones
This is a real winner. I just received a i Book G4 from DV warehouse (we have always had great success with macs from here) All was going great. I set up my mail, surfed the net, not a problem. The next day I wanted to set up printing so I went to HP and downloaded the driver for my HP 1610 printer, scanner, copier. (which I have done for our Powerbook, Wallstreet, & Titanium with no problem) Upon restart the iBook just would not start. the apple screen would just keep running in circles & not boot up. OK...reinstall OSX. Tried Everything, Not working. Ok . maybe my install cd's are a problem. So. I try a friends G4 install disks. now all I get is the folder and ?. Nothing is working.....
Willing to try anything. I have a call into DV Warehouse and they will probably take it back but I just want to get it up and running. without the hassle of sending it back.
I have been on the Mac/Apple since my Senior year in College in 1986.
and using then solely since 91 for design and graphics. From 92-94 I did installs, & training for most of the local Design Agencies BUT since then I have just focused on design and such. My tech understanding is a bit rusty because I have not had to keep up with the times too much as the problems and have been so few and minor.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.
Tina.

OP
tinaloco
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2Powerbooks, 4 iMacs, 1 ipad, 2 iphones
Of course, that's the last thing I wanted to hear. But at least it's under warranty.
Thanks

Reaction score
Blogging about good deals on apple stuff. Come vi
Get a copy of Disk Warrior to sort out the file system. Might be that the driver install had a hiccup. And DW is a great tool to have in your arsenal.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.