Transferring pics.... Nikon D40X

Reaction score
Still haven't made the switch..... hopefully wont be much longer!!!

Anyways, just picked up a Nikon D40X.... if I install the included software and transfer all the pics directly to my external hard drive, will I be able to plug my ext. hard drive into my future iMac and use those same pics from the ext. hard drive right on my iMac?? I guess my question is, is it easy to edit and expand on my library when I finally make my switch if I start on a Windows machine?? (Hopefully the question makes sense, I know what I'm asking, but doubt I'm typing it correctly!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
Yes. Open iPhoto. Open folder on external drive where photos are. Select all photos, drag onto iPhoto window, drop photos. Voila.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reigns surpeme
You can use image capture, and set it to where you download all your pics from the camera then to a folder. Then it will delete everything off the camera. Pretty good stuff

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.