Spilt the water on the keyboard

Reaction score
Spilt a bit of water on keyboard. I noticed that "minus" key button does not work at all. Before, it was stuck and then stopped working. Should I open the case and try to clean it, or do something with it? I have no money to replace it with new one.

Reaction score
Water might have shorted out the switch to the escape key, at least your macbook is still working. If your warranty expired and your tech savvy you might want to try opening it up and cleaning up any remaining water. iFixit.com has great write-ups for disassembly and reassembly.

OP
T
Reaction score
My warranty isn't expired. This button works, but it takes me great pains to do it work by pressing enormous times and still it is stuck.

Reaction score
Take it in and explain that the key is not working and pray they don't find out it got water on the board. If you attempt to repair it yourself you will probably void your warranty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Water spillage isn't covered by your warranty. Check your home insurance instead.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.