WINE for OS X Intel?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Core Duo Macbook Pro
Can you get the Windows emulator WINE running on OS X? If so, how and where? I downloaded 'Darwine' from Sourceforge but it seemed to be PPC only.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
Just run Windows in Parallels or with Boot Camp. It runs natively on Intel Macs and does not need emulation at all. If you have Leopard Boot Camp is already installed in your Utilities folder. If you have tiger or want to run Windows without dual booting, then go to www.parallels.com and download Parallels Desktop for Mac. It allows you to run Windows at native speed right inside of Mac OS X.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Core Duo Macbook Pro
Thanks for that. I know about those two products but am interested in using WINE on OS X. I only want to run one program and would rather not have to buy or use XP if possible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
The project is called DARWINE

It runs some windows apps but not all

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
There's a commercial version of WINE called Crossover. I use it myself and for what it supports, it works wonderfully. Check their compatibility page.
http://www.codeweavers.com/products/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.