Is it the right decision?

Reaction score
I maybe should have posted this in the Notebook section but since I already made my decision to 80% that I will buy the new iMac. Now I have a few questions. I was trying to decide between the iMac and the MacbookPro. I read that the laptop has a lot of CONs, like it gets very warm and the battery life is bad. The only thing about then mac though is that you can't transport it. But I am still in LOVE with its screen. Anyways, could anyone really tell me if I made the right decision or if the MBP would be better. I need a mac for graphic design. I work a lot with photoshop and my own photography so I would definitely need a big screen. I was thinking of the 17 inch MBP(which is far more expensive) or the 24 inch with 2.4GHz and 320 GB hard drive. for 1,800. The only problem is that I should be getting it for my birthday which is May 13th. Now I'm worried that if I buy the new iMac in just 2 months or so there will be a newer one. Does anyone know when the new series should come out? Thank you for your help :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
If you need a portable, get the Macbook. You can always get a docking station with fans to help with the heating issues. If you don't need a portable, or can easily live without it, then get an iMac.

As to when the new ones will be released, only Apple knows. That said... the Mac Expo thingie is this Tuesday... expect a bunch of product announcements.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM
If you need a portable, get the Macbook. You can always get a docking station with fans to help with the heating issues. If you don't need a portable, or can easily live without it, then get an iMac.

As to when the new ones will be released, only Apple knows. That said... the Mac Expo thingie is this Tuesday... expect a bunch of product announcements.
Ya like he sayed. it all depends on what you need, and what floats your boat. if your on the go a lot, and you always have work to do, then i'd suggest a macbook. if you want a little extra, but no portability, then you should get an iMac. I think Apple already announced the new specs for the new Mac Pro.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.