iMovie 08 Scrolls Credits WAY too Fast

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
Hey everyone,

I was making a quick movie in iMovie HD 08. Everything went well until I attempted to add a quick credits type scrolling text on black. Adding it was easy, but the entire credits scroll by in four seconds! I can't figure out a way to slow them down, they fly by way to quickly and definitely need at least 15-20 seconds to be read.

Any ideas?

OP
walmartconnect
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Anyone? This should be really simple, I just don't understand.

Reaction score
Select the black frame under the title. Then choose 'Set Duration...' from the edit menu. The black frame and the title should change to the new duration.

OP
walmartconnect
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah, I had been trying that but the Title would never change with it. Dragging just worked tough, thank you.

I wish that I would have kept the old iMovie, where is my timeline?!?

OP
walmartconnect
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'd venture to say that a lot of people prefer the more precise amount of control that a timeline gives. Oh well, this problem is solved.

Now, here's another question. Does anyone know if I can turn off the media browser once I have all of the clips that I am going to use inserted. All of that extra stuff in the bottom of the window is a space hog as well as distracting.

Reaction score
I had the same problem

I'm not sure why it happened, but I only had a couple of credits and I couldn't change the scroll speed to anything other than 3.7s no matter what I entered in as the value. Finally I just copied my credits and created a new scroll image and pasted my credits in. Everything worked how I wanted it to and I could change the scroll speed to whatever I wanted. So if all else fails just redo the credit part and it should work.;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.