Mouse buttons

Reaction score
I know where to go to change the setting for the mouse buttons but there isn't an option there that I know exists.

That is when you hold the button down for a few seconds a secondary menu comes up. My mouse used to do that but then for some time now it mysteriously stopped and I haven't figured out how to get it back.

Can someone help me out please?

Thanks in advance,
n00b

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Are you using a notebook or a desktop? And if you are using a notebook are you using the touchpad and the touch pad buttons or an external mouse?

OP
M
Reaction score
It's a desktop with a wireless mouse. The mouse has a scroll ball on top and two side buttons that when pushed together pan all the screens out to choose between programs.
Also, the scroll ball stopped scrolling internet pages and such.

The ball is set to "Dashboard"
The top button is set to "Primary button" on the left and "Secondary button" on the right.
The side buttons are set to "Expose all windows"
Scrolling options are "Vertical and Horizontal"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmmm... weird what type of mouse are you using?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
I believe he is using a wireless mighty mouse baced on the expose activating side buttons

OP
M
Reaction score
Mouse model number A1197.
If that helps.
But it sounds like what you said about the expose side buttons. That's probably it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alright well i do not have one myself so from the information i do have i'm going to assume that it's a hardware issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.