Burning Dual-Layer DVDs

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just recently purchased a MacBook with a Dual-Layer DVD burner and I tried to burn a DVD onto a DVD+R DL, but when it was finished, it did not work on any DVD player in my house, including the one in my computer. Can anyone tell how to make it so that a burned DVD will work once finished?

Thanks,
ANW

Reaction score
uhh... what are you trying to burn on the DVD? Is it supposed to be a data DVD or a movie, music, or something else?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8GB o' RAM, 4.5 TB o' disc space, OS Ecks 10.6.7, etc
When you author a DVD, you must specify a layer break point. I have no clue how any program other than DVD Studio Pro does it or even if they let you do it at all and instead just do it automatically (which would be evil). The first layer MUST be bigger than the second unless you are doing parallel tracking.

OP
L
Reaction score
Dual Layer DVD burning

It's a movie. I'm pretty new to this stuff, so I don't know very much (sorry).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8GB o' RAM, 4.5 TB o' disc space, OS Ecks 10.6.7, etc
I'm not sure what exactly you are trying to do. Copy a DVD? Burn something you created yourself? We can't discuss copying studio DVDs here.

OP
L
Reaction score
Sorry. I am trying to copy a DVD and don't really know what I'm doing. I have a brand new MacBook, with a Dual-Layer burner, if that helps. Thanks.

- ANW

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.