Publishing to something other than .mac

Reaction score
How exactly do I publish a webpage somewhere other than .mac? Sorry, today's the first time I opened iWeb so I'm really new to everything. I clicked on "Publish to Folder" and then I tried uploading it to my site, but it says that it can't be found...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro, 10 Core 3 GHz Intel Xeon W, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB HD, Vega 64 GPU
Well first thing you're going to need is some webspace. Most ISP providers will give you some space, so I would check there first.

I am not familiar with the ins and outs of iWeb, but you can use an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program to transfer your files to your web server. Your web host (those providing you the webspace) should have instructions on how to connect using an FTP.

Hope that gets you started!

Sean

Reaction score
Use publish to a folder in the file menu and then upload the files as previously stated using an FTP program such as Cyberduck, or Forklift.

Reaction score
Trouble is i think iWeb republishes all the website again not just the parts you update when your uploading it to you own host.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24-inch iMac, MacBook Pro
You can easily publish to another 'host' as they call it and make your iWeb website available on any domain you wish.

I made an account on EarnersHost and published my iWeb sites to that. It's a lot cheaper monthly/annually that the .Mac subscription fee. Worth checking it out. Or google 'shared hosting'.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Alm 2.4Ghz iMac 750Gb HD 4Gb Ram
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Macbook Pro; 20" 2.0 GHz iMac.
If you are uploading to another host do you need to title one of the files 'index' or can you use the file titles as they are on iWeb?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.