• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

New Safari Browser Running Great

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I have been using Safari for the last several hours. So far no problems. Since i don't keep very many bookmark, they were a problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
it definitely is fast and simple, but in some cases a little too simple. i still like the Tab browsing in Chimera, although Safari is still the first release. im just glad apple has their own browser and a better App to replace the need for powerpoint

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
Just got Safari... Seems pretty nice. I like how it renders. Colors seem more vibrant. Fonts seem a lot smoother. Oh wait, that's cause I'm on a Mac! :)

Serious though, it seems much "smoother" than chimera. And it is pretty fast too....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
One of my pages doesn't render correctly... This page renders correctly in both IE and Chimera. Wonder if Safari is following the W3C standard or what. Will have to look into this more.

The page that doesn't render is pretty heavy on CSS, so that might be the issue.

I love the way Safari looks. Much better than Chimera, and less MS than IE.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
use this button wisely. and recommend Tabbed browsing too. if its anything like the spring loaded folders request, apple might add it in

(outdated link removed)

OP
rman

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
New Safari (outdated link removed) beta available. It might fix some of the problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
According to my "About Safari" I am using 1.0. Where else would I notice if I am using something before 0.8.1 ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
i was on Safari Beta 1.0(v48) now i'm using 1.0(v51). the only problem so far is that spell check doesnt stay on, i have to keep turning it on for each page.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am using v51 as well... This is the latest version. I downloaded the versiontracker version and it was the same.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.