Powerbook g4 Batteries on eBay..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Powerbook G4, 1.5 ghz powerpc processor, 1.25gb ram, 80gb hd, OSX 10.5
Hi I am in need of a new battery for my 12" Powerbook G4. i was looking into eBay as an option since I have some extra cash in my paypal account. What should I look for when buying these or should I be hesitant towards buying it? Owc and apple both have them for $110-130 and ebay is $55. And with taking the old saying, if it's too good to be true it probably is..is this not a good idea? Any opinions would be great. Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33 MBP, 3gb ram, not enough disk space, iPod Classic, iPhone, techno-addiction
I know people who have bought camera batteries from eBay only to kick themselves in the *** for doing it, the batteries are horribly constructed Chinese crap. Just go to Newertech (www.newertech.com) and get some really awesome batteries for $120. I use them and can attest to the fact they work better than Apple's own manufactured batteries.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Powerbook G4, 1.5 ghz powerpc processor, 1.25gb ram, 80gb hd, OSX 10.5
Thanks a lot for the reply. They were just so much cheaper on there that it really made me worried.

I know the 12" batteries don't have the greatest battery power but I think mine is screwed. I can only roam the net for about 45-55 min before it's reserve power or sometimes I don't even get the reserve power msg it just shuts down. I have leopard, am running peer guardian2, quicksilver, growl, and app trap in the background so idk if that has anything to do with my diminished power, but I'm sure it does. My current battery is circa 2004 so I think it's about due. Any other replies about this issue?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.